What to Expect During LASIK Surgery | Davis Eye Center | Laser Vision Correction
You may have been considering LASIK surgery for a while, and you may have even spent a lot of time worrying about it. However, do you really know what to expect during LASIK surgery? Surprisingly, the entire procedure only takes about ten minutes. To list, the typical sequence of steps includes:
- Application of Numbing Drops to Cornea
- Creation of Cornea Flap
- Reshaping of Cornea
- Replacement of Cornea Flap | What to Expect During LASIK Surgery
Without a doubt, all situations are different. However, most patients can expect to follow the sequence listed below.
Before LASIK Surgery
- Your doctor will evaluate you for any signs of dry eye, inflammation, or other irritation. In addition, he or she will note the size, shape, and condition of your cornea to confirm how much tissue to remove.
- If you wear contact lenses, then your physician will have you switch to your glasses for a few weeks; the exact amount of time will depend on your specific condition.
During LASIK Surgery
- After the application of numbing drops, your doctor will use a suction ring to hold your eye in place for the cutting of a corneal flap. You will feel slight pressure.
- Your doctor will instruct you to focus on a single point of light so he or she can cut the Cornea flap, and begin reshaping tissue.
After LASIK Surgery
- It is common for patients to report feeling both burning and watering of the eyes, along with other irritation and blurry vision.
- Full stabilization of vision can take two to three months.
About Davis Eye Center | What to Expect During LASIK Surgery | LASIK Eye Surgery
Davis Eye Center serves the Northeast Ohio community by improving both vision and health. The area’s most experienced eye care professionals come together in Davis Eye Center’s Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio facility to provide some of the most essential services. In fact, patients count on the team of physicians from Davis Eye Center for the following:
- General Eye Care Services
- LASIK Eye Surgery | What to Expect During LASIK Eye Surgery
- Cataracts Care Services
The Davis Eye Center Team | LASIK Surgery Akron
- Charles H. Davis, D.O. Owner and Surgeon
- Thomas M. Shaheen, O.D. Optometrist
- Todd F. Bischof, O.D. Optometrist
Getting in Touch With Davis Eye Center | It’s Easy to Do! | What to Expect During LASIK Surgery | Eye Drops | Corneal Tissue
If you have been planning to take the next steps toward healthier eyes and clearer vision, then connect with the dedicated healthcare professionals from Davis Eye Center today. To reach out to the team, simply fill out the online contact form on www.daviseyecenter.com. In addition, prospective patients can use the contact information shown below to send written correspondence or phone calls. Reach out to Davis Eye Center today for a free consultation.
Davis Eye Center
789 Graham Rd
Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221
Main Line: (330) 923-5676
Davis Eye Center: Hours of Operation | Free LASIK Consultation
Monday: 11 AM – 7 PM
Tuesday through Thursday: 9 AM – 4 PM
Friday: 7 AM – 4 PM
Reach Out to Our Exceptional Team of Both Internet Marketing and Website Design Professionals Today. | What to Expect During LASIK Surgery | Improved Vision
Unframed World Stow Design Studio
3926 Clock Pointe Trail, Suite 103
Stow, OH 44224
Main Line: (330) 688-1324
111 Hollinger Ave
Akron, OH 44302
Unframed World Cleveland Office
50 Public Square, Suite 200
Cleveland, OH 44113